Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Book Thief...AWESOME!

I have been in the funnest book club for about...I don't really remember...three years maybe??? I have lots of favorites and this months book has made the cut! The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ROCKS!!!!

In the words of the narrator... who happens to be death...
"It's just a small story really, about among other things:
*A girl
*Some words
*An accordionist
*Some fanatical Germans
*A Jewish fist fighter
*And quite a lot of thievery"

What I love about being in a book club is reading books I would never choose for myself. Like when I began this book I thought in my head...I don't want to read this right now and I longed to put it down and read something else...but I made myself read...for book club, and again, as happens so often...I LOVED IT! I laughed and I cried....I loved it! The writing is beautiful, the story is touching, the characters are so real; Leisel, Rudy, Max and even Death... I want to call you up to see how you've been! I am sooooo sad it had to end! I recommend it to everyone! An easy, fun and enjoyable read!

No comments: